The media player is loading... 1 The proverbs of Solomon the son of David, king of Israel;
- 2 To know wisdom and instruction; to perceive the words of understanding;
- 3 To receive the instruction of wisdom, justice, and judgment, and equity;
- 4 To give subtilty to the simple, to the young man knowledge and discretion.
- 5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
- 6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
- 7 ¶ The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
- 8 My son, hear the instruction of thy father, and forsake not the law of thy mother:
- 9 For they shall be an ornament of grace unto thy head, and chains about thy neck.
- 10 ¶ My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. If they say, Come with us, let us lay wait for blood, let us lurk privily for the innocent without cause:
- 12 Let us swallow them up alive as the grave; and whole, as those that go down into the pit:
- 13 We shall find all precious substance, we shall fill our houses with spoil:
- 14 Cast in thy lot among us; let us all have one purse:
- 15 My son, walk not thou in the way with them; refrain thy foot from their path:
- 16 For their feet run to evil, and make haste to shed blood.
- 17 Surely in vain the net is spread in the sight of any bird.
- 18 And they lay wait for their own blood; they lurk privily for their own lives.
- 19 So are the ways of every one that is greedy of gain; which taketh away the life of the owners thereof.
- 20 ¶ Wisdom crieth without; she uttereth her voice in the streets:
- 21 She crieth in the chief place of concourse, in the openings of the gates: in the city she uttereth her words, saying,
- 22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?
- 23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you.
- 24 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;
- 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:
- 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh;
- 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you.
- 28 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me:
- 29 For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD:
- 30 They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.
- 31 Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices.
- 32 For the turning away of the simple shall slay them, and the prosperity of fools shall destroy them.
- 33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.
Proverbs | Proverbs 1 | Proverbs 2 | Proverbs 3 | Proverbs 4 | Proverbs 5 | Proverbs 6 | Proverbs 7 | Proverbs 8 | Proverbs 9 | Proverbs 10 | Proverbs 11 | Proverbs 12 | Proverbs 13 | Proverbs 14 | Proverbs 15 | Proverbs 16 | Proverbs 17 | Proverbs 18 | Proverbs 19 | Proverbs 20 | Proverbs 21 | Proverbs 22 | Proverbs 23 | Proverbs 24 | Proverbs 25 | Proverbs 26 | Proverbs 27 | Proverbs 28 | Proverbs 29 | Proverbs 30 | Proverbs 31 | Bible Index
Preceded by: Psalms - Followed by: Ecclesiastes
Audio Video Archives
2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 |
Misc | Broadcasts | Books | Bible | YouTube
Consent not |
Social contract |
Withdraw consent |
Marriage | Permanency of marriage | Employ | Vows | Swear not | Oath of Naturalization |
Religion | Corban | Private welfare | Welfare | Welfare types | Titular |
One purse | Golden calf | Covet | Merchandise | Benefactors | Sovereign |
Government | Governments | Civil Government | Government and Liberty Described |
Social contract | Covenants of the gods | Contracts, Covenants and Constitutions |
Nationalism | Republic | Democracy | Minarchism | Statism | Fascism | Federation
Communism | Anarcho communism | Communist Manifesto |
Communist Altruism | Primitive Communism | Karl Marx Marriage |
Collectivism | Altruism | Anarchist | Capitalism | Socialism | Atheist |
Viable republic | Republican form | The Way | Perfect law of liberty | NAP |
Taxation | Tribute | Tithe | Tithing | Social Security | Corban | Hierarchy |
Imperial Cult of Rome | The Democracy Cult | Employ | Bondage | Mammon |
Nimrod | Mystery Babylon | Saving Babylon | Exiting Babylon | Temples |
Supreme being | gods many | Ideological subversion | Foolishly | Law |
Schools as Tools | Roots of the Welfare State | Covetous Practices |
Consent not | Withdraw consent | Come out | Put out | Cry out | Voice |
Kingdom of God | Church legally defined | Pure Religion | Christian conflict |
Road closings | Right to disobey | Adhocracy | Righteousness | The Way |
Law | Divers lusts | Wantonness | Goats and Sheep | Brooking | Robots |
1 Samuel 8 | Proverbs 1 | Proverbs 23 | David Crockett | Self Defense
Religion | Pure Religion | Private welfare | False religion | Public religion | Our Religion |
Corban | Christian conflict | Baptism | Benefactors | ThatWord | Judge | Fathers | Deist |
Modern Christians | Diocletianic Persecution | gods | Damnable heresies | Judge not |
Messianic Judaism | Pharisees | Sadducees | Zealot | Essenes | Levites |
Cult | Imperial Cult of Rome | Guru_theories | Covet | Merchandise | Worship |
Mark of God | Mark of Cain | Mark of the Beast | Mark Passio | Daily ministration
Section 666 | Benefactors | Biting one another | Cry out | Christians check list
Church | Churches | Ekklesia | Called out | Church legally defined |
Early Church | Religion | Corban | Storehouse | Daily ministration |
The Way | Minister of the world | Welfare types | Socialism |
The Church chained | Body of Christ | Kingdom of God | Levites |
The Free Church Report | Church Study course online | Unchurched |
Ministers | Christians | Modern Christians | Christians check list |
Theology | Lady Godiva | Whosoever believeth | Worship | Salvation |
Creed of the Apostles | Benefactors | Cain | Nimrod | Constantine |
Christian conflict | Fathers | Patristic | Ambrose | Jerome |
Temples | Religious Orders | Priests | Kings and priests | Bible Index | Network |
== Footnotes ==