Pastor G asked: "When Jesus said: "Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations..."... did he mean that they, the apostles, were to receive offerings from the coin or currency in use...? or does it mean to accept alms like the Mendicant Orders...? "
Yes, Jesus said be friends with the unrighteous Mammon.
What is Mammon?
“Mammon, an Aramaic word mamon meaning ‘wealth’ … It is probably derived from Ma’amon, something entrusted to safe keeping. In any case there was apparently a threefold play on this meaning in Lk. xvi. II: ‘If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true [riches]?’ the word italicized representing forms of the Semitic root word ‘men.”
Scholars do not agree about the etymology of the word.
Gregory of Nyssa also asserted that Mammon was another name for Beelzebub, which is another name for Satan which means the adversary. Christ makes mention that you cannot serve God and Mammon, which is referencing two different opposing ways or systems. Some say Mammon means riches but others say it is the wealth which you entrust. In truth it is both. It is entrusted wealth.
If Mammon is entrusted wealth, which usually means some sort of treasury, then a righteous or unrighteous mammon must refer to the way that wealth or the treasury is collected.
There is more than one word that is translated treasury in the New Testament. The most common is the word gazophulakion. It is composed of two words γάζα gaza treasure which was the "the royal treasury" and φυλακή phulake meaning guard, watch.
The other word translated treasury is κορβᾶν or korban. Corban was around in most countries of the world and even in history. It was provided in two ways. Corban was a sacrifice or offering used to take care of the needs of the people of a society. It was part of systems of social welfare of which there have always been two types.
The reason some systems of entrusted wealth are considered unrighteous systems is because they depend on Benefactors who use force to provide for the welfare needs of the people, which John the Baptist and Jesus preached against. Until John the Baptist governments of the world were using force to collect the funds to provide for the welfare or free bread of the people. It was not always this way in places like Rome, Judea and America. At one time they all depended upon Freewill offerings to provide for the needy of their society. When that departed from those Altars of faith and shifted to dependence on forced offerings they made the word of God to none effect.
The reason we are to be friends with the unrighteous system is because most people are already snared as a part of those systems with duties and obligations within those systems. Those duties and obligations fulfill a religious purpose described as allegiance rather than faith. The Public religion of the world binds the people to service through a Corvee system and debt which is the result of sloth, covetousness and not keeping the principles of the Sabbath.
People today are cursed as children with bondage because of the covetous practices of their parents who applied to the unrighteous mammon for benefits just like the Israelite people in Egypt. They cannot free themselves simply because they deny their entanglement in the elements of the world with that yoke of bondage.
- Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.
- Romans 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
- Galatians 3:11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
- Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
- “The world has always been betrayed not by scoundrels but by decent men with bad ideas.” Sidney Harris.
- “This (Federal Reserve) Act establishes the most gigantic trust on earth. When the president signs this bill, the invisible government by the Monetary Power will be legalized. The people may not know it immediately, but the day of reckoning is only a few years removed. The trust will soon realize that they have gone too far even for their own good. The people must make a declaration of independence to relieve themselves from the Monetary Power.” 
- "That most gigantic trust on earth was to be (and is now established) constructed in a very interesting way. It involved the entrusting of almost all the wealth, property, and rights of man, granted to him by God, into a world-wide trust. It was a process not limited to the money system, but it is that system that is focused on in these pages." From the Book The Covenants of the gods Chapter Money vs Mammon
The conflict with Christ and some of the Jews in power certainly revolved around money and treasuries more than religious theologies.
Since most religions today categorize themselves by their theology and church doctrines, many people might not want to see the connection even though it is right in front of them.
In Matthew Chapter 6 Jesus started talking about giving alms to take care of the needy of society. This was an essential element of society and certainly a major part of the Gospel of Christ and a duty of the Church. It is one of the major defining characteristics of the meaning of religion, especially pure religion.
He then talks about the prayers of the hypocrites. They pray in the Churches of that day and in the streets but he says if they pray to the Father in heaven they do not have to make a big demonstration of it and certainly not be a hypocrite about it pretending to pray to the Father in heaven when you really pray to the fathers of the earth if you need anything like bread or aid.
Jesus warns the people later in verse 20 that they should not put their trust in central treasuries where thieves and robbers can break in and steal those funds, and where somehow moths and rust can eat up the value thereof.
Jesus makes this reference to moths eating up your treasure three times which appears to be related to Isaiah 51:8 where he talks about those who get eaten up by the worm of the moth because they are not following the righteousness of God from generation to generation.
He sums up this criticism of centralizing stored wealth in a treasury when he says in Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." This is what the people did when they put their wealth in a Golden calf.
Building golden monuments was a common way of establishing a central bank for a city-state and binding the people together for common defense. If all the wealth of the people was in a central depository this forced the people to trade amongst themselves and gave them a reason to stay and defend others of their community.
Jesus was just talking about the lord commending the "unjust steward" for forgiving those who could not pay what they owed.
The IRS who collects for the unrighteous mammon of today are not like the "unjust steward". They do not forgive debt.
The people were bound like they were in Egypt and like they are today.
The Pharaoh does not want to let the people go.
But though many want to think so they should not just rebel and denounce their obligations.
What Jesus is saying is the same as what he said about paying Caesar what is Caesar's. Don't be a rebel.
Jesus knew that the unrighteous mammon, which is the entrusted wealth of the people in system of [Corban], would fail. It always does.
He knew that ministers were excluded if they met certain criteria.
He knew there would come a time when the people could opt out but only the righteous would bear fruit and show the Christ character needed in a truly volunteer society.
Many people just want out but are stingy about setting the table of the Lord.
Remember there is no division of funds in the US treasury and most other world system treasuries.
They are the entrusted wealth. They are Mammon and because they are collected by force they are unrighteous.
That force is legal because the people consented when they signed up but that consent was the result of a desire to have One purse and gain benefits from your consent, often at the expense of your neighbor. By nature of that consent there is an element of covetousness.
Fed notes are not wealth although they played a part in creating debt.
The issuing of those notes is the biggest violation of the Sabbath.
They were saying we will take our rest now and pay you later. J. Wellington Wimpy was soft-spoken, very intelligent, and well educated, but also cowardly, very lazy, overly parsimonious and utterly gluttonous man who was famous for saying, "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today." Which is the ultimate Sabbath breaker.
There are no Wimpys in the Kingdom of God.
Being friends with the unrighteous Mammon is just like Moses who had the people pay their tale of bricks. But they both told the people to love one another and care for one another through the famines.
We are suppose to be building the alternative system based on charity. We can start now or wait to the last minute.
Also note that the Greek word "skene" translated "habitation" appears in the Bible 20 times but this is the only place it is translated habitation. Normally it is translated tabernacle. The tabernacle was always a place of worship but worship is not what people commonly think.
God is not so insecure that he needs our praise.... Most of what is posing as praising God is done by people who are workers of iniquity.
- Mendicant orders are religious orders which depend directly on charity for their livelihood. Christian mendicant orders, in principle, do not own property, either individually or collectively (see corporate poverty), believing that they are thereby copying the way of life followed by Jesus, and able to spend all their time and energy on religious work. The mendicant orders are marked by two characteristics: poverty, practiced in common; and a way of life that combines praying together in community with the work of the public ministry of the Church.
Mendicant orders own nothing at all.
The early Church owned all things in common. It is clear they, the ministers of the Church, owned property but not as a personal estate. There were numerous suits in the mid to late 200s AD to get Church land back that was illegally taken.
The Church, like the Levites, needed land to do their job and take care of their own.
The Church was made up of the trustees of the righteous mammon based on faith, hope and charity.
Since Social Security is the means by which society takes care of their widows and orphans it is religious in nature. It is Public religion.
In fact everyone with a social security number is a member of a religious order under a Vow of poverty. But in their order men exercise authority one over the other.
While the Church ministers are dependent upon charity they can also earn a living. The ordained ministers who are members of orders must do so without a Social Security number. This is explained in The Free Church Report.
Money vs Mammon
Chapter 11. of the book The Covenants of the gods
Audio file related to
From the book The Higher Liberty, Sec. 39
Mammon, NN Video Series:3-10 4:22
Married Monks |
Lost Monks |
Modern Monastic life |
Priests | Eucharist | Levites | Breeches | Liturgy | Bishop | Minister | Elder | Deacon |
Diocletianic Persecution | Christian conflict | Daily ministration |
Orders | Religious Orders | Vow of poverty | Rules of St Benedict |
Religion | Pure Religion | Private welfare | False religion | Public religion | Our Religion |
Corban | Christian conflict | Baptism | Benefactors | ThatWord | Judge | Fathers | Deist |
Modern Christians | Diocletianic Persecution | gods | Damnable heresies | Judge not |
Messianic Judaism | Pharisees | Sadducees | Zealot | Essenes | Levites |
Cult | Imperial Cult of Rome | Guru_theories | Covet | Merchandise | Worship |
Mark of God | Mark of Cain | Mark of the Beast | Mark Passio | Daily ministration
Section 666 | Benefactors | Biting one another | Cry out | Christians check list
Church | Churches | Ekklesia | Called out | Church legally defined |
Early Church | Religion | Corban | Storehouse | Daily ministration |
The Way | Minister of the world | Welfare types | Socialism |
The Church chained | Body of Christ | Kingdom of God | Levites |
The Free Church Report | Church Study course online |
Ministers | Christians | Modern Christians | Christians check list |
Theology | Lady Godiva | Whosoever believeth | Worship | Salvation |
Creed of the Apostles | Benefactors | Cain | Nimrod | Constantine |
Christian conflict | Fathers | Patristic | Ambrose | Jerome |
Temples | Religious Orders | Priests | Kings and priests | Bible Index | Network |
Mammon | Come out | Fraud | Daily ministration | Welfare types | Covetous Practices |
Sovereign | Benefactors | Merchandise | Legal title | Perfect law of liberty | Romans 13 |
The Blessed Strategy | The Way | Corban | Network | Christian conflict | Church |
- ↑ Encyclopedia Britannica. also "There is no evidence that the word was the name of an a angel or a God, as in Milton (Par. Lost i. 678, cf. Spencer F.Q. II. vii “8)"
- ↑ Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
- ↑ 1049 ~γαζοφυλάκιον~ gazophulakion \@gad-zof-oo-lak’-ee-on\@ from 1047 and 5438; ; n n AV-treasury 5; 5 1) a repository of treasure, especially of public treasure, a treasury.
- ↑ 2878 ~κορβᾶν~ korban \@kor-ban’\@ of Hebrew and Aramaic origin; n m AV-treasury 1, corban 1; 2 1) a gift offered (or to be offered) to God 2) the sacred treasury
- ↑ On the eve of the passage of the Federal Reserve Act, December 22, 1913 Congressman Charles A. Lindbergh Sr..
- ↑ Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
- ↑ Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations. Luke 16:11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches? Luke 16:13 No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
- ↑ Matthew 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
- ↑ Isaiah 51:8 For the moth shall eat them up like a garment, and the worm shall eat them like wool: but my righteousness shall be for ever, and my salvation from generation to generation.