Nicolaitans and Baalam
Does Jesus love you or hate you?
Maybe he just hates your deeds?
“But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.” Revelation 2:6
What was the doctrine of the “Nicolaitans” and who are they?
Nike is from the Greek word meaning "conquer" or “conqueror”. Laos from which we get "laity" is the Greek word for “people”.
Some speculate that the “Nicolaitans” "were charged with holding the error of Balaam, casting a stumbling block before the church of God by upholding the liberty of eating things sacrificed to idols as well as committing fornication."
We have a clear hint as to the true meaning in Peter as to who the Nico Laity really are because he talks about them with a different term:
- “Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam [the son] of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;” 2 Peter 2:15
Balaam is from the Hebrew word Baal, meaning “lord” or “master” which is what a “conqueror” is. And "am" references the “people” just like the Greek word "laos". It is an expression of rank over the people.
- Jude 10 "But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. 11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core."
Nicolaitan and Balaam are two different forms of the same idea. Both include the idea of rank, lordship, and submission to men like Nimrod who obtain an exercising authority over the people because of wantonness, which God hates.
Nicolaitans were charged with holding the error of Balaam, casting a stumbling block before the church of God by upholding the liberty of eating things sacrificed to idols as well as committing fornication.
What kind of fornication?
This was not sexual.
The people who were meant to be free were snared by their own appetite for benefits at the expense of their neighbor. The people are devoured in the civic pot filled with their own flesh.
We cannot partake of that civil cauldron unless you agree with the terms. Paul asks, “And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? ...” 2Co 6:16.
When people give up their right to choose in exchange for benefits they are conquered by their own avarice, lust, appetite and desires. God hates the deeds of the Nicolaitan.
Why would they give up their rights?
Would they do it to get some sort of benefit?
Desiring those benefits from men who call themselves Benefactors but exercise authority have through Covetous Practices cursed children: and straying from the real ways of Christ and instead Modern Christians "loved the wages of unrighteousness"they would bear no fruit, be easily drawn away into deception and eventually be condemned to darkness.
Have you been conquered, brought into bondage by your love of benefits at the expense of your neighbor?
Beware of gifts
- "Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?" Isaiah 40:21
There are gifts of God and man.
- Plutarch said “The real destroyers of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits.”
But Proverbs 19:6 tells us the same thing, "Many will intreat the favour of the prince: and every man [is] a friend to him that giveth gifts."
- Polybius said "The masses continue with an appetite for benefits and the habit of receiving them by way of a rule of force and violence. The people, having grown accustomed to feed at the expense of others and to depend for their livelihood on the property of others... institute the rule of violence; and now uniting their forces massacre, banish, and plunder, until they degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch."
This rule of violence and plunder is the same we hear about in Matthew 11:12 "And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force." and in Luke 16:16 "The law and the prophets [were] until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it." The Repentance associated with the act of Baptism was turning away from these Covetous systems of the Welfare of the World and going back to The Way of Fervent Charity with the Eucharist of Christ.
"He that is greedy of gain troubleth his own house; but he that hateth gifts shall live." Proverbs 15:27
The Paul the Apostle wrote to a number of Early Christian communities in Galatia, "For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another." Galatians 5:13-15
When Paul writes in 1 Corinthians 8:9 "But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak." the word "liberty" is the same word Paul uses in Romans 13.
Have we lost that liberty granted by God by neglecting our natural and moral responsibility that is correlative to those God given rights?
Eyes full of adultery
Peter made it clear in 2 Peter 2:3, "And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not."
Peter not only warned us that desiring benefits at the expense of others would make us human resources what he calls merchandise but he warned us in 2 Peter 2:14 about those covetous practices entangling them back in the yoke of bondage and cursing our children:
- "Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:" 2 Peter 2:14
This stumblingblock was that we would learn to eat at tables set with the bounty of the compelled sacrifices of institutions made by men who called themselves Benefactors that ruled over the people with and exercising authority and is explained in Revelation 2:14 "But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication."
Proverbs 23 warns us about the table of men who exercise authority one over the other "When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what [is] before thee: And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite. Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat."
What are these benefits today?
Those benefits include everything from Public Schools to Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) cards which is an electronic system that allows state welfare departments to issue benefits via a magnetically encoded payment card, used in the United States and the United Kingdom like Rome did with their Tesserae of the Beast of Revelation?
We were told by God in Exodus 20:17 "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s."
Jesus warned us of the evil of covetousness and where it comes from in Mark 7:20-23, "...That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness: All these evil things come from within, and defile the man."
These are the things he called us to repent of in Matthew 4:17 when he first "... began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand." and in Mark 1:15 when He said "... The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." but warned us in Luke 13:3 that "... except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish."
Jesus told us not to look to Benefactors who exercise authority one over the other.
He told us not to pray to Fathers of the earth but only our Father who is in Heaven.
He told us to keep the commandments including the one about not coveting anything that is our neighbors if we want Eternal life. And when 1 John 2 talked about the "propitiation for our sins", he reminded us that "... hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."
Real Christians would not desire the benefits of men who call themselves Benefactors nor pray to the Fathers of the earth like Modern Christians do. They would be led to gather together in a living Network that provided a Daily ministration of Charity for one another according to the Perfect law of liberty. They would strive to keep His commandments by being Doers of His word in a Living Network of Love.
Israel in the Bondage of Egypt were literally employed by the Pharaoh who provided free bread like the Romans in the form of Public Welfare which was Public religion. They had to pay their tale of bricks to the Pharaoh but learn to gleen in the field at night to obtain their benefits. This is why God hardened the heart of the Pharaoh during the plagues so they could learn The Way of God. So it was not enough to stop taking the benefits but they needed to learn to provide them by faith, hope and charity through a system of Corban that made the word of God to effect.
Jesus said nothing different to the early Church. When he said give to Caesar what is Caesar and to God what is God's he was saying pay your tale of bricks. He even warned to be friends with the unrighteous Mammon explaining that it would fail. Those who cheat one master you will likely cheat the next.
We are in bondage because of Covetous Practices and Slothfulness. We are devoured because we or our natural parents took bites out of one another in these Covetous Practices which made us a Surety for debt in an unrighteous Mammon... We must Repent and seek the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness.
- Where and what is true Christian fellowship?
- Where and what is the true Eucharist of Christ?
- Where and what is the Living Network of the faithful?
- Where and what is the Communion of Saints?
- Where and how do the people practice Pure Religion?
- Where and who are the people that attend to the Weightier matters?
If we are to follow Christ we need to live by faith, not by the sword of rulers who take from others. Those governments offer a snare, not a benefit. Those who see it must come together to loosen it. The key to the kingdom is what you bind on earth is bound in heaven and what you loosen on earth is also loosened in heaven.
The Pharisees were condemned because their Corban and because they did not bear fruit. Jesus appointed his kingdom to His Church because the Pharisees failed to attend to the Weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith which include caring for the needs of our neighbors and the widows and orphans of our society through Pure Religion in matters of health, education, and welfare. We are NOT to provide for the needy of society through the Covetous Practices and the men who call themselves benefactorsbut who exercise authority one over the other like the socialists do.
The Way of Christ was like neither the way of the world of Rome nor the governments of the gentiles who depend on those fathers of the earth through force, fear and fealty who deliver the people back in bondage again like they were in Egypt. Christ's ministers and true Christians do not depend upon systems of social welfare that force the contributions of the people like the corban of the Pharisees which made the word of God to none effect. Many people have been deceived to go the way of Balaam and the Nicolaitan and out of The Way of Christ and have become workers of iniquity.
The Christian conflict with Rome in the first century Church appointed by Christ was because they would not apply to the fathers of the earth for their free bread but instead relied upon a voluntary network providing a daily ministration to the needy of society through Faith, Hope, and Charity by way of freewill offerings of the people, for the people, and by the people through the perfect law of liberty in Free Assemblies according to the ancient pattern of Tuns or Tens as He commanded.
"Follow me!" —Jesus the Christ.
- One of the most important things to do is to become involved in a network of Charitable Practices. Everyone should want to join a Living Network of Love and Charity.
- If you think you have a calling to be a Minister of God or you might want to dedicate your life to Christ as an Ordained Minister of His Holy Church, contact us to start the process of discipleship and become the benefactors who exercise only love, NOT authority.
The Nicolaitan who God hates?
Because they covet their neighbor's goods
Nicolaitan and Balaam
From the book The Higher Liberty, Sec. 94
To Heal Our Land
The Hateful Connection, The Unrighteous Corban, The Indictment
Appeared first on NewsWithViews 12-19-10
The Corban of the Pharisees
It made the word of God to none effect.
Is our Corban making the word of God to none effect today?
Not so Secure Socialism
Same old promise, Same old lie!
Appeared first on NewsWithViews 8-1-10
Adventures of Artifice in Languageland
The sophistry of words has deceived man and led him from God.
Sacrifice was meant to bring us closer to Him again.
Where has the sophistry of our sacrifice led us?
The Coercive and Non-Coercive Churches
Concerning what the "Church" is or should be and what it is not.
Appeared first on NewsWithViews 11-14-10
Audio On the Coercive Church
The Coercive Church BlogTalkRadio 29:10
The Coercive Church TalkShoeQandA 48:43
Appeared first on NewsWithViews
Corban, Worshipping God in vain
Systems of sacrifice that make the word of God to none effect.
Printable 5" X 8 1/2" Pamphlets, or
Standard 8 1/2"X 11" Print Friendly
Corban and the word of God
Taking the Lord's Name in Vain
See more Forbidden Definitions
Altars | Stones | Clay and Stone | Stones upon |
White stones | Lively Stones of a Living Altar |
Church legally defined | Breeches | Red Heifer |
Corban | Tithing In Conscience | Self-Sacrifice |
Public religion | Stoning | Sophistry |
Worship | Welfare | Welfare types | Daily ministration
Christian conflict | Benefactors | Feasts |
Good Samaritan | Thy first love | Born again | New creature
Celebrate | Temples |
Modern Christians | The Blessed Strategy
Power To Change | Peine forte et dure |
Tithing | Offering | Korban
Korab | Minchah
Necek | Nedabah
Shelem | Tenuwphah
Charity | Freewill offerings | Corban
Religion | Pure Religion | Golden rule |
Altars | Tens | Network | Pentecost
Perspective | One purse | Temptations |
Tithe | Tithing | Tithing In Conscience | Tithingman |
Tribute | Taxation | Treasury | Corban |
Charitable Practices | Covetous Practices |
Fervent Charity | Gleaners | FEMA | Lady Godiva |
Pure Religion |
Private welfare |
Fleeing Religion |
False religion | Public religion | Our Religion | Christian conflict |
Corban | Baptism | Benefactors | ThatWord | Daily ministration |
Modern Christians | Diocletianic Persecution | Christians check list |
gods | Judge not | Judge | Fathers | Deist | Damnable heresies |
Pharisees | Sadducees | Zealot | Essenes | Levites |
Messianic Judaism | Menahem the Essene | Sanhedrin |
Altars | Clay and Stone | Red Heifer | Golden calf |
Freewill offerings | Religion | Pure Religion | Public religion |
Christian conflict | Paganism | Denominations | Dispensationalism |
Benefactors | Corban | Daily ministration | Calendars |
Cult | Imperial Cult of Rome | Guru_theories| | Covet | Merchandise |
Mark of God | Mark of Cain | Mark of the Beast | Nature of the Beast
Section 666 | Benefactors | Biting one another | Cry out | Worship |
Church | Temples | Religious Orders | Priests | Kings and priests |
Hear | Bible Index | Network |
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- 01168 ^לעב^ Ba‘al \@bah’- al\@ the same as 01167, Greek 896 ~Βααλ~; AV-Baal 62, Baalim 18; 80 Baal= "lord" n pr m
- 1) supreme male divinity of the Phoenicians or Canaanites
- 2) a Reubenite
- 3) the son of Jehiel and grandfather of Saul n pr loc
- 4) a town of Simeon, probably identical to Baalath-beer
- 1) owner, husband, lord 1a) owner 1b) a husband 1c) citizens, inhabitants 1d) rulers, lords 1e) (noun of relationship used to characterise-ie, master of dreams) 1f) lord (used of foreign gods)
- Which is from 01166 ^לעב^ ba‘al \@baw-al’\@ a primitive root; v; AV-marry 8, husband 3, dominion 2, wife 1, married wife 1, Beulah 1; 16
- 1) to marry, rule over, possess, own 1a) 1a1) to marry, be lord (husband) over 1a2) to rule over
- 05971 ^םע^ ‘am \@am\@ from 06004; n m; AV-people 1836, nation 17, people + 01121 4, folk 2, Ammi 1, men 1, each 1; 1862
- 1) nation, people 1a) people, nation 1b) persons, members of one’s people, compatriots, country-men
- 2) kinsman, kindred
- 2992 ~λαός~ laos \@lah-os’\@ apparently a primary word; n m AV-people 143; 143
- 1) a people, people group, tribe, nation, all those who are of
- 2) of a great part of the population gathered together anywhere
- “... This city shall not be your caldron, neither shall ye be the flesh in the midst thereof; but I will judge you in the border of Israel...” Ezekiel 11:3, 11. Exodus 16:3; Proverbs 1:10, 33; Micah 3:1, 4; Zechariah 14:21
- 2 Peter 2:14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:
- 2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam [the son] of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
- 2 Peter 2:17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.
- Samuel Adams, Our Sacred Honor, Bennett, 217, 1779 - letter to James Warren.
- Isaiah 1:23 Thy princes [are] rebellious, and companions of thieves: every one loveth gifts, and followeth after rewards: they judge not the fatherless, neither doth the cause of the widow come unto them.
- Psalms 33:10 The LORD bringeth the counsel of the heathen to nought: he maketh the devices of the people of none effect.
- Matthew 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.
- Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
- Isaiah 40:23 That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.
- Ephesians 4:8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men....Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
- Isaiah 40:27 "Why sayest thou, O Jacob, and speakest, O Israel, My way is hid from the LORD, and my judgment is passed over from my God? 28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. 29 He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength."
- We have an altar, whereof they have no right <exousia> to eat which serve the tabernacle.
- Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right <exousia> to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
- Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
- Matthew 20:25-26 But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;
Mark 10:42-43 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister:
Luke 22:25-26 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
HELP US BY SUBSCRIBING TO ALL THESE CHANNELS
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/
Join the network.
Brother Gregory in the wilderness.