The Bible often makes a reference to being a surety.
Surety means "a person who takes responsibility for another's performance of an undertaking, for example their appearing in court or the payment of a debt."
A surety, surety bond or guaranty involves a promise by one party to assume responsibility for the debt obligation of a borrower if that borrower defaults. The person or company providing this promise is also known as a "surety" or as a "guarantor".
If the surety is required to pay or perform due to the principal's failure to do so, the law will usually give the surety a right of subrogation [which as a matter of law is an equitable doctrine, and forms part of a wider body of law known as unjust enrichment.], allowing the surety to "step into the shoes of" the principal and use his (the surety's) contractual rights to recover the cost of making payment or performing on the principal's behalf, even in the absence of an express agreement to that effect between the surety and the principal.
The Bondage of Egypt was the result of eating at the table of the Pharaoh and going into debt where a portion of your labor belonged to the State. This is because the table of the authoritarian State is a Snare.
- "And put a knife to thy throat, if thou [be] a man given to appetite." Proverbs 23:2
- "Let their table become a snare before them: and that which should have been for their welfare, let it become a trap." Psalms 69:22
- "And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:" Romans 11:9
An ancient way to enslave a nation of people is to tempt them to with the covetous practices of socialism which that makes them merchandise and curses their children. This new status brought them into what was called Corvee bringing them under tribute. How it works is explained in: Employ vs Enslave. Seeking the kingdom of God is following the righteous Way of Christ and the perfect law of liberty.
Surety in the Bible
- Genesis 43:9 I will be surety < ברע ‘arab> for him; of my hand shalt thou require him: if I bring him not unto thee, and set him before thee, then let me bear the blame for ever:
- Genesis 44:32 For thy servant became surety for the lad unto my father, saying, If I bring him not unto thee, then I shall bear the blame to my father for ever. Now therefore, I pray thee, let thy servant abide instead of the lad a bondman to my lord; and let the lad go up with his brethren.
- 2 Kings 18:23 Now therefore, I pray thee, give pledges < ברע ‘arab> to my lord the king of Assyria, and I will deliver thee two thousand horses, if thou be able on thy part to set riders upon them.
- Ezra 9:2 For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled < ברע ‘arab> themselves with the people of those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass.
- Nehemiah 5:3 Some also there were that said, We have mortgaged < ברע ‘arab> our lands, vineyards, and houses, that we might buy corn, because of the dearth.
- Job 17:3 Lay down now, put me in a surety < ברע ‘arab> with thee; who is he that will strike hands with me?
- Psalms 106:35 But were mingled < ברע ‘arab> among the heathen, and learned their works.
- Psalms 119:122 Be surety < ברע ‘arab> for thy servant for good: let not the proud oppress me.
- Proverbs 6:1 My son, if thou be surety < ברע ‘arab> for thy friend, if thou hast stricken thy hand with a stranger,
- Proverbs 11:15 He that is surety < ברע ‘arab> for a stranger shall smart for it: and he that hateth suretiship is sure.
- Proverbs 14:10 The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle < ברע ‘arab> with his joy.
- Proverbs 17:18 A man void of understanding striketh hands, and becometh < ברע ‘arab> surety in the presence of his friend.
- Proverbs 20:16 Take his garment that is surety < ברע ‘arab> for a stranger: and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.
- Proverbs 20:19 He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle < ברע ‘arab> not with him that flattereth with his lips.
- Proverbs 22:26 Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties < ברע ‘arab> for debts.
- Proverbs 24:21 My son, fear thou the LORD and the king: and meddle < ברע ‘arab> not with them that are given to change:
- Proverbs 27:13 Take his garment that is surety < ברע ‘arab> for a stranger, and take a pledge of him for a strange woman.
- Isaiah 36:8 Now therefore give pledges < ברע ‘arab>, I pray thee, to my master the king of Assyria, and I will give thee two thousand horses, if thou be able on thy part to set riders upon them.
- Isaiah 38:14 Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake < ברע ‘arab> for me.
- Jeremiah 30:21 And their nobles shall be of themselves, and their governor shall proceed from the midst of them; and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is this that engaged < ברע ‘arab> his heart to approach unto me? saith the LORD.
- Ezekiel 27:9 The ancients of Gebal and the wise men thereof were in thee thy calkers: all the ships of the sea with their mariners were in thee to occupy < ברע ‘arab> thy merchandise.
- Ezekiel 27:27 Thy riches, and thy fairs, thy merchandise, thy mariners, and thy pilots, thy calkers, and the occupiers < ברע ‘arab> of thy merchandise, and all thy men of war, that are in thee, and in all thy company which is in the midst of thee, shall fall into the midst of the seas in the day of thy ruin.
Hebrews 7:22 By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
Saved | Eternal life | The Blessed Strategy | The Way |
Whosoever believeth | Nailing it to His cross | Worship |
Faith | Hope | Charity | The Peaceful Majority | Allegiance and Faith |
Unbeliever | Grace | Duty | Keep the Commandments | Bible |
Salvation | Sacrifices | Faithful | Believer | Consent | Judge not |
Divers lusts | Greed | Lasciviousness | Wantonness | Dry Bones |
Gospel of the Kingdom | Perfect law of liberty | Network Purpose |
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
- 06148 ^ברע^ ‘arab a primitive root; v; AV-surety 9, meddle 2, mingled 2, pledges 2, becometh 1, engaged 1, intermeddle 1, mortgaged 1, occupiers 1, occupy 1, undertake 1; 22 1) to pledge, exchange, mortgage, engage, occupy, undertake for, give pledges, be or become surety, take on pledge, give in pledge 1a) (Qal) 1a1) to take on pledge, go surety for
- 1450 ~ἔγγυος~ egguos from 1722 and guion (a limb); TDNT-2:329,194; adj AV-surety 1; 1 1) a surety, a sponsor