Who is the Militia
"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
"The Second Amendment has most recently been interpreted to grant the right of gun ownership to individuals for purposes that include self-defense. At first it was thought to apply only to the Federal government, but through the mechanism of the Fourteenth Amendment, it has been applied to the states as well." https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/second_amendment
- So what this is saying is that without the Fourteenth Amendment the second amendment has nothing to do with the average American who was not a party to the Constitution.
- "MILI'TIA, noun [Latin from miles, a soldier; Gr. war, to fight, combat, contention. The primary sense of fighting is to strive, struggle, drive, or to strike, to beat, Eng. moil, Latin molior; Heb. to labor or toil.] The body of soldiers in a state enrolled for discipline, but not engaged in actual service except in emergencies; as distinguished from regular troops, whose sole occupation is war or military service. The militia of a country are the able bodied men organized into companies, regiments and brigades, with officers of all grades, and required by law to attend military exercises on certain days only, but at other times left to pursue their usual occupations." Webster's Dictionary 1828 - Online Edition
- 1. regulated - controlled or governed according to rule or principle or law; "well regulated industries"; "houses with regulated temperature"
- Antonyms: unregulated - not regulated; not subject to rule or discipline; "unregulated off-shore fishing"
- 2. regulated - marked by system or regularity or discipline; "a quiet ordered house"; "an orderly universe"; "a well regulated life"
Synonyms: ordered, orderly. Word Net Dictionary
The U.S. Code
Title 10 U.S. Code Chapter 13 - THE MILITIA § 311 - Militia: composition and classes
- (a) The militia of the United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and, except as provided in section 313 of title 32, under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States and of female citizens of the United States who are members of the National Guard.
- (b) The classes of the militia are—
- (1) the organized militia, which consists of the National Guard and the Naval Militia; and
- 2) the unorganized militia, which consists of the members of the militia who are not members of the National Guard or the Naval Militia.
Title 10 U.S. Code § 312 - Militia duty: exemptions
- (a) The following persons are exempt from militia duty:
- (1) The Vice President.
- (2) The judicial and executive officers of the United States, the several States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, and the Virgin Islands.
- (3) Members of the armed forces, except members who are not on active duty.
- (4) Customhouse clerks.
- (5) Persons employed by the United States in the transmission of mail.
- (6) Workmen employed in armories, arsenals, and naval shipyards of the United States.
- (7) Pilots on navigable waters.
- (8) Mariners in the sea service of a citizen of, or a merchant in, the United States.
- (b) A person who claims exemption because of religious belief is exempt from militia duty in a combatant capacity, if the conscientious holding of that belief is established under such regulations as the President may prescribe. However, such a person is not exempt from militia duty that the President determines to be noncombatant.
The original idea of a militia does not include "conscription". It was merely the able body men of society who are willing to fight and work in its defense.
There has always been an elements of the world that want to argue conscription for what has been called a militia for thousands of years. Authoritarian habits are hard to break. But if the government can compel your service, then you are not "free", but under tribute. In a true or pure Republic, leaders are titular and have no power of conscription. It is true that during the American Revolutionary War, "some states", which were individual republics to lesser or greater degree, "sometimes drafted men for militia duty or to fill state Continental Army units", but the central government that was still forming did not have the authority to conscript, except for purposes of naval impressment. Even that was controversial since the power of impressment was one of the complaints in The Declaration of Independence.
We should also note that "landed" men -- that is to say, those with a freehold title in land -- could not be impressed because, by definition, they were "freemen". Even President James Madison and his Secretary of War James Monroe unsuccessfully attempted to create a national draft of 40,000 men during the War of 1812. This proposal was fiercely criticized on the House floor by Congressman Daniel Webster.
It should also be noted that even when there was limited draft powers, the power over a drafted soldier was extremely limited. Washington commented that the militia "provided for calling out men to repel invasion; but the powers granted for effecting it were so limited, as to be almost inoperative."
President James Madison advocated the controversial idea of government funding of Public Education, but only for the absolute indigent of society. The reason people objected to government funding of education was that it was literally drafting the labor of people to provide benefits to the needy of society.
- "He who receives the benefit should also bear the disadvantage."
- Cujus est commodum ejus debet esse incommodum.
Because some states participated in some form of draft does not make it correct, nor does it grant universal power to draft people or their sons and daughters. That is an acquired power. If you have "conscripted fathers" making laws in your government, then you are likely subject to a draft.
The militia does not include members of the "armed forces" who are automatically exempt from the militia according to Title 10 U.S. Code § 312. In a government of, for and by the people, the militia can be an all-voluntary force that organizes itself. People in a community are expected to defend that community, even if they are not members. It is like good Samaritan laws. If someone is being attacked, murdered or robbed, and if you do not defend their right with means at your disposal, then you become complicit in the commission of the crime.
I am not saying that the government does not have power to draft today. But I am saying that it is not automatic nor universal. It is what the people have been doing and not doing that grants the corporate governments of the world the power to draft the people in military or civilian work projects. [see passports.]
Bob Basso pretending to be Thomas Paine pulls a dramatic bait and switch and most people who heard this completely missed it. At 4:26 he promotes the idea to "BRING BACK UNIVERSAL SERVICE". When did we ever have "UNIVERSAL SERVICE" in America or the United States?
The idea that the government should not be given the power to draft is a biblical rule laid down since at least Deuteronomy if not 1 Samuel 8. The video interview below was made in response to the error most people were making when they listened to the the Basso Tea Party video. They were missing the bait and switch sales pitch in the video. The Not My Tea Party, which is a part of the Slaves & Salvation Series exposes the insidious hidden message in the original Basso video.
Unfortunately the people of America already have at least one form of universal service through the Federal Employee Identification Number which is the Mark of the Beast. And because they are a surety for debt they cannot just opt out at this time. But there are things they can do to reverse the process including joining the Network.
- "Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States from January 1961 until his assassination in November 1963.
A well organized militia is simply people who are organized in their effort to protect and defend their neighbor's rights like Jesus said about attending to the Weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith which include caring for the needs of our neighbors, the widows and orphans of our society through Pure Religion in matters of health, education, and welfare. We are NOT to do so by the Covetous Practices of modern governments.
The Way of Christ was not like the way of the world, nor the governments of the gentiles who depend on benefactors who exercise authority. Christ's ministers and true Christians do not depend upon systems of social welfare that force the contributions of the people like the corban of the Pharisees which made the word of God to none effect. Many people have been deceived to go the way of Balaam and the Nicolaitan and out of The Way of Christ.
The Christian conflict of the first century Church appointed by Christ was because they would not apply to the fathers of the earth for benefits but instead relied upon a voluntary network providing a daily ministration to the needy of society through Faith, Hope, and Charity by way of freewill offerings of the people, for the people, and by the people through the perfect law of liberty in Free Assemblies according to the ancient pattern of Tuns or Tens.
- "Come Follow me!" —Jesus the Christ.
- One of the most important things to do is to become involved in a network of Charitable Practices. Everyone should want to join a Living Network of Love and Charity.
- If you think you have a calling to be a Minister of God or you might want to dedicate your life to Christ as an Ordained Minister of His Holy Church then contact us to start the process of discipleship and become the benefactors who do not exercise authority but love..
Law | Natural Law | Legal title | Common Law | Fiction of law |
Stare decisis | Jury | Consent | Contract | Parental contract | Government |
Civil law | Civil Rights | Civil Government | Governments |
No Kings | Cities of refuge | Voir dire | Levites |
Citizen | Equity | The Ten Laws | Law of the Maat |
Bastiat's_The_Law_and_Two_Trees | Trees |
The Occupy Refuge Movement | Clive Bundy | Hammond | Barcroft | Benefactors | gods |
Protection | Weightier_matters | Social_contract | Community Law |
Perfect law of liberty | Power to change | Covet | Rights |
Anarchist | Live as if the state does not exist |
The Occupy Refuge Movement - this is not much different than the Occupy Wall Street Movement when you really look at what is happening and the reason these Constitutionalists are acting. You can also find detailed information about the Hammond situation at our webpage here.
- ↑ "The Life of George Washington" Jared Sparks, page 70. F. Andrews, 1853.