Ministers are first servants of God but also servants of the people. The Ministers of Christ are forbidden to exercise authority one over the other and therefore they are titular leaders like those of the early Church were to aid the people in the practice of Pure Religion according to The Way of Christ. While they functioned as the pure Republics of more ancient history and were "one form of government" the leaders of the people were titular, they did not rule or the bodies and minds of the people.
- Ministers of the people are recognized and accepted by the witness of the people.
- Ministers of the Church should then:
- Come together to obey what Christ commanded according to the will of the Father,
- Come together to serve others through love and just not yourself,
- Come together to propagate Christ's doctrines and ordinances,
- Come together in hope that the people "might be saved".
Even Polybius warned the people of their "appetite for benefits and the habit of receiving them by way of a rule of force". John the Baptist said the same things encouraging charity among those who received his Baptism.
You cannot covet the property of others to provide your livelihood or you and your society will "degenerate again into perfect savages and find once more a master and monarch."
Authoritarian States use force and violence to become the Benefactors of the people. They force one class of citizen to provide for another. Proverbs 23 warned and Christ forbid that type of government.
Their solution was to not pray to the Fathers of the earth for their free bread and benefits which was a snare, but to set the table of the Lord through the Eucharist of Christ which was a daily ministration established by His Church through faith, hope, charity and the perfect law of liberty.
The same is true of ministers who are not rulers over the faith of true believers.
- "Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand." 2 Corinthians 1:24
Many modern doctrines of Churches try to dictate tenets of faith based on private interpretation rather than the actual direct doctrines of Jesus. The true minister of Christ only facilitates the people's practice of Pure Religion by connecting them in a kingdom of God and His righteousness.
In Mark 6:39 Christ commanded His called out disciples to make the people organize themselves in small "companies" which are the elders of ten families. Those elders choose a minister, usually another elder. Those elder ministers gather in a congregation of elders or Deacons in "ranks".
A rank of fifty would be 5 "companies" of 10 families which would add up to fifty families.
Two "ranks" of fifties would be a hundred families or 10 "companies" of elders of families which would be 10 groups of 10 families.
Why Minister |
Minister of the world |
Minister of the Church |
Elders | Deacon | Priests | Levites | Breeches | Hierarchy |
Altars | Stones | Stoning Daily ministration | Corban | Welfare |
Essenes | Disciples | Seven men | Church | Church legally defined | Christian |
Churches | Ministry Burnout | Religion | The Blessed Strategy | Widow |
Tens | Tithing | CORE | COM | Minister of Record | Benefactors |
Cain | Nimrod | Constantine | Christian conflict | Fathers |
Lady Godiva | Isaac Backus | Government and Liberty Described |
Monks | Lost_Monks | Married_Monks | Monasticism | Modern_Monastic_life |
Seek | Votive | Orders | Religious Orders | Rules of St Benedict |
Jesus | Was Jesus rich | Mendicant | Vow of poverty | Fervent Charity |
Denominations | Guru_theories | Iconoclast | Cult | Bible Index | First to do List |
Join The Living Network of The Companies of Ten
The Living Network | Join Local group | About | Purpose | Guidelines | Network Removal
Contact Minister | Fractal Network | Audacity of Hope | Network Links
Free Assemblies |
Why Congregate | Why we gather | Why Minister | Church | Why Church | COM | MORE |
Congregations of Rebuke | Tips on forming a CORE | CORE Solution | CORE Off Track |
First to do List | Why did Jesus Say | Society and community | Feasts | Celebrate | Network |
Married Monks |
Lost Monks |
Modern Monastic life | Orders | Religious Orders | Rules of St Benedict |
Churches | Levites | Breeches | Vow of poverty | All things common
Elder | Deacon | Liturgy | Priests | Eucharist | Bishop | Minister |
Diocletianic Persecution | Christian conflict | Daily ministration |
- The word companies is repeated twice in original text.
- 4849 ~συμπόσιον~ sumposion \@soom-pos’-ee-on\@ from a derivative of the alternate of 4844; ; n n AV-company 1, not tr. 1; Repeated twice in Mark 6:39
- 1) a drinking party, entertainment
- 1a) of the party itself, the guests
- 1b) rows of guests
- This word sumposion is derived in part from the word pino which means "figuratively, to receive into the soul what serves to refresh strengthen, nourish it unto life eternal"
- ranks is also repeated twice in original text and is from the Greek word prasia which as a Hebrew idiom i.e. they reclined in ranks or divisions, so that several ranks formed, as it were separate plots or divisions.