The Saul Syndrome.....Corrupting your leaders with power?
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." —Letter to Bishop Creighton by Lord Acton
From Presidents to pastors, from dictators to doctors if you give men power they will become corrupted by that power but you only give them power because you have already been corrupted with the sin of rejecting God as we see in 1 Samuel 8.
We choose to give power and the responsibility of choice to other men or women to do for us what we should be doing for ourselves.
We do it every day.
Despite the real meaning of Paul in Romans 13 and Samuel's warning in 1 Samuel 8, and the prohibition in Exodus 23:32 to making Contracts Covenants and Constitutions with men and their gods of the world we are constantly giving men power contractually and emotionally, which corrupts them. We give men the right to choose for us, to make laws for us, to rule over us, our minds and our bodies and our children and then we wonder why we are not free?
The Saul Syndrome is what happens to good men who are given more power than they can manage without doing foolishly. What Saul had done which was foolish was forced the people to give him an offering to prepare his troops for an invasion by the Philistines.
He taxed the people rather than allow them to voluntarily support his troops. Saul would be plagued by the power he was given until anything that threatened that power threatened him. He would suffer from depression and eventually took his own life in despair.
The studies and stories of abuse of people by people who are given power over others whether real or imagined demonstrate the evil that is possible if too much power is given to men and women over others. From Cain and Nimrod to Saul or Caesar power has corrupted the leaders of the people but it also corrupts the people themselves.
God does not create nor appoint rulers over the people or their purse. He allows the people to do that to themselves. Those who reject God, often claiming to believe in Him while taking His name in vain, are workers of iniquity when the elect men to rule over their neighbor. The socialist mind set that allows people to take from their neighbor through the agency of the governments they create makes the word of God to not effect are the covetous practices that makes us merchandise and curses our children from generation to generation.
We do that because we are lovers of rewards and benefits of Benefactors who become the Fathers of the people. The rulers of the world are there by our choice which God allows so that they may punish the wicked. The wicked are those who create these rulers instead of striving to seek the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness with due diligence and perseverance.
"For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away." (2 Timothy 3:2-5)
The Churches and synagogues of men are instituted by those who often want to imagine they are good god-fearing people. If they really loved God they would not be making covenants and contracts with people to covetously obtain benefits at the expense of their neighbor.
Freedom is for those who accept the responsibility of righteousness and seek to serve the God of creation according to the ways of righteousness. Neither freedom nor liberty is for those who are Slothful in the pursuit of Righteousness.
Gospel of the kingdom |
Kingdom of Heaven |
Kingdom at hand |
Thy Kingdom Comes
Kingdom of God | Newsletter | Not inherit the kingdom | Christian conflict |
Benefactors | Principalities | Corban | Covetous Practices | Elements | Redemption |
World | Biting one another | Food Stamps | Workers of Iniquity | Serve two masters |
Doers of the Word | Ye are bought | The Blessed Strategy | Fervent Charity |
Congregations | Congregants | Free Assemblies | Elders | Fellowship | CORE |
Church | Ministers | Tithe | Tithing | Tithingman | Treasury | MORE | COM |
The Way | Pure Religion | Charitable Practices | Thy first love | Kingdom Love |
Christians check list | Aid Addicts | Overcoming together | Pray | Network |
According to the Hebrew Bible, Saul was the first king of a united Kingdom of Israel and Judah. He would have lived circa 1082 BC–1010 BC, was anointed by the prophet Samuel and reigned from Gibeah.
Born: 1082 BC, Gibeah
Died: 1010 BC, Mount Gilboa, Israel
Children: Jonathan, Michal, Ish-bosheth, Merab, Abinadab, Malchishua
The election of a king or ruler who was both Commander in God warned that he would take and take and take and rule over you and when you cried out God Chief of the Military and the chief executive officer of Israel was covered in 1 Samuel 8.would not hear the people because they were rejecting God by this election.
This power granted by the people into the hands of a ruler or executive and legislative group also leads to corruption. This centralization of power leads to tyranny over others and eventual self-destruction through what we might call The Saul Syndrome.
The Saul Syndrome broadcasts
Blog talk warm up half hour
Keys of the Kingdom 2 hours
The Saul Syndrome.....Corrupting your leaders through sloth. From Presidents to pastors, from dictators to doctors if you give men power they will become corrupted by that power.
We do it every day. We give men the right to choose for us, to rule over us, our minds and our bodies through covetous practices and we wonder why we are not free?
Final afternoon show one hour
== Footnotes ==
Socialism | Communism | Primitive Communism |
Anarcho communism | Communist Altruism | Collectivism |
Communitarian | Community Law | Crowd psychology |
Statues | Legal charity | Riots | Welfare |
Welfare_types | Public religion | Corban | Why Socialism |
Was Jesus a socialist | Not so Secure Socialism |
covetous practices | Weightier matters | Dialectic |
Bread and circuses | gods | Deist | James Scott |
Liberalism | Classical liberalism | Transcendentalist |
Polybius | Plutarch | Perfect law of liberty | Perfect savages |
Lady Godiva | Nimrod | Cain | Bondage of Egypt |
Corvee | Nicolaitan | Benefactors | Fathers |
Citizen | Social contract | Section 666 | Mark of the Beast |
Christian conflict | Diocletianic Persecution | Mystery Babylon |
Norway, Sweden, Finland, and Denmark | Community |
I paid in | Goats_and_Sheep | Shepherds | Free Keys |
Roots of the Welfare State | Cloward-Piven Strategy |
Rules For Radicals | Communist Manifesto |
Live as if the state does not exist | Departed |
Nazi | Authority | Guru theories | Larken Rose |
Capitalism | Covet | Dominionism | FEMA | Network
- Letter to Bishop Mandell Creighton, April 5, 1887 published in Historical Essays and Studies, edited by J. N. Figgis and R. V. Laurence (London: Macmillan, 1907)
- John Dalberg-Acton, 1st Baron Acton, John Emerich Edward Dalberg-Acton, 1st Baron Acton, KCVO, DL —known as Sir John Dalberg-Acton, 8th Bt from 1837 to 1869 and usually referred to simply as Lord Acton—was an English Catholic historian, politician, and writer
- 1 Samuel 13:13 And Samuel said to Saul, Thou hast done foolishly: thou hast not kept the commandment of the LORD thy God, which he commanded thee: for now would the LORD have established thy kingdom upon Israel for ever.
- Matthew 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. 2 And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. 3 And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread. 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. 5 Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, 6 And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 7 Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 11 Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.
- Luke 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, 2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered. 3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread. 4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God. 5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. 8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence: 10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee: 11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. 12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. 13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.
To read more go to "His Holy Church" (HHC) http://www.hisholychurch.org/