Revision as of 11:22, 10 March 2015 by Wiki1 (Created page with " == Sovereign == noun: sovereign; plural noun: sovereigns : 1. a supreme ruler, especially a monarch. :: synonyms: ruler, monarch, crowned head, head of state, potent...")
noun: sovereign; plural noun: sovereigns
- 1. a supreme ruler, especially a monarch.
- synonyms: ruler, monarch, crowned head, head of state, potentate, suzerain, overlord, dynast, leader; More king, queen, emperor, empress, prince, princess, czar, royal duke, regent, mogul, emir, sheikh, sultan, maharaja, raja
- 2. a former British gold coin worth one pound sterling, now only minted for commemorative purposes.
- 1. possessing supreme or ultimate power.
"in modern democracies the people's will is in theory sovereign"
- synonyms: supreme, absolute, unlimited, unrestricted, boundless, ultimate, total, unconditional, full; More principal, chief, dominant, predominant, ruling;
royal, regal, monarchical
- "sovereign control" (of a nation or its affairs) acting or done independently and without outside interference.
Sovereign citizen movement
According to Wikipedia
- The sovereign citizen movement is a loose grouping of American litigants, commentators, tax protesters and financial-scheme promoters. Self-described sovereign citizens take the position that they are answerable only to their particular interpretation of the Common law and are not subject to any statutes or proceedings at the federal, state or municipal levels or that they do not recognize U.S. currency and that they are "free of any legal constraints."
- They especially reject most forms of taxation as illegitimate. Participants in the movement argue this concept in opposition to "federal citizens" who, they say, have unknowingly forfeited their rights by accepting some aspect of federal law.